Control Moisture to Help Stop Mold Growth in Spring Valley/Jamul
Condensation and Mold in Spring Valley/Jamul.
There are many different kinds of mold. EVERY SINGLE ONE needs moisture to grow.
Mold doesn’t need a storm or flood. Even a tiny bit of dampness is enough for mold.
Have you seen condensed water on the inside of a window? Have you noticed water droplets near the shower? That water is more than enough for mold to start growing.
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul wants you to know: if you control moisture, you control mold.
- Clean spills or leaks quickly. Mold can start growing within 24 hours
- Make sure roof gutters are in good shape
- Don’t let water collect around the house foundation
- Don’t let water collect in the air-conditioner drip pans
- Keep drains clear
- Indoor humidity should be under 40%
- Wipe condensation from windows, pipes, or walls
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul offers these suggestions:
- Use exhaust fans
- Use air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers. Low humidity reduces condensation
- Use the bathroom fan when you shower
- Appliances should vent to the outside. Even stoves, washers, and dryers produce water vapor
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul has ideas on reducing condensation:
- Increase air movement
- Open doors & windows
- Use fans
- Insulate cold surfaces like water pipes
- Keep the temperature comfortable
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul is Independently Owned and Operated.