Furniture Fire in Spring Valley?
Upholstered Furniture Fire Statistics
At SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul, we respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day, every day in the Spring Valley area. Between 2010 and 2014, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reported smoking materials as the leading cause of upholstered furniture fires and losses in the United States. Other causes of upholstered fires in homes were:
- Portable and fixed space heaters were involved in 11 percent of the upholstered furniture fires and associated deaths
- Together, candles, matches, and lighters were involved in 20 percent of the fires and 12 percent of the deaths.
- Electrical failures or malfunctions were factors in 14 percent of the home upholstered furniture fires and 12 percent of the deaths. These failures were in all types of electrical appliances, not just electrical distribution or lighting equipment.
The NFPA report states that United States Fire Departments responded to an average of 5630 structure fires per year where upholstered furniture was the first item ignited.
Call Us Today!
When your home experiences a fire damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul has a team of highly trained technicians on-call to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 619-600-5305. We’ll restore your fire damage in Spring Valley, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul is Independently Owned and Operated.