Washing Machine Supply Line Maintenance Tips for Bonita?
Washing Machine Maintenance for Bonita.
Did you know that supply line failure is one of the top causes of water damage involving a washing machine? SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul witnesses firsthand the damage a burst supply line can do in a home. Here are some washing machine supply line maintenance tips:
Conduct monthly inspections of the hot and cold washing machine supply lines.
- Look for signs the supply hose may be ready to fail—blisters in the hose, worn tubing, stress cracks, or a loose connection
- Replace the supply hose with a reinforced steel braided hose if it shows any sign of wear
- Tighten the connection if it feels loose. The most common site of failure is near the connection where the hose bends.
- Replace supply hoses every five years, even if there is no obvious deterioration or wear
- Some signs of deterioration may occur from the inside out and may not be visible until it is too late
- When replacing washing machine supply hoses, always choose a reinforced steel braided hose over the traditional un-reinforced rubber hose. These hoses will last longer and are far less likely to result in a catastrophic water loss.
Call Us Today!
Every minute counts when responding to a water damage emergency, and SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul has the advanced training, specialized equipment, and experience to mitigate your damage quickly and efficiently in Bonita. Call us today at 619-600-5305.
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul is Independently Owned and Operated.