Grease Fire in Spring Valley Home?
Cooking Fire Statistics for Spring Valley
SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul responds to fire damage emergencies in the Spring Valley area throughout the year, and we know that even a small kitchen fire can cause smoke and soot damage. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) home cooking fires:
- Ranges or cooktops were involved in the 61 percent of reported home cooking fires, 87 percent of cooking fire deaths and 78 percent of cooking fire injuries
- Households that use electric ranges have a higher risk of cooking fires and associated losses than those using gas ranges
- Unattended cooking was the leading cause of cooking fires and casualties. Clothing was the item first ignited in less than 1 percent of these fires, but clothing ignitions led to 8 percent of the home cooking fire deaths
Here are some tips from the NFPA for small grease cooking fires if you decide to fight the fire:
- On the stovetop, smother the flames by sliding a lid over the pan and turning off the burner
- Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled
- For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the door closed
Call Us Today!
When your Spring Valley home experiences cooking or other fire damage emergency SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul has the advanced training, specialized equipment, and experience to quickly and efficiently mitigate your damage. Call us today at 619-600-5305. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Spring Valley/Jamul is Independently Owned and Operated.