Storm Damage in Jamul?
We often see cumulonimbus clouds in the sky in Jamul and San Diego County as we gaze east. These clouds can produce thunderstorms. Although thunderstorms are typically about fifteen miles in diameter and last about thirty minutes, they can be dangerous.
SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year and has seen the damage strong winds can cause to structures. Here are some thunderstorm facts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
- Severe thunderstorms produce large hail or winds of at least 58 miles per hour
- Some wind gusts can exceed 100 miles per hour and produce tornado-like damage
- When a severe thunderstorm threatens, stay inside a strong structure
- Mobile home occupants should go to a more permanent structure
- All thunderstorms produce lightning
- Get inside a building or enclosed vehicle
- If caught in an open area with lightning around, crouch down immediately! Out your hands on your knees, but do not lie down on the ground.
- Do not use a telephone or electrical appliance. A nearby lightning strike can travel through the phone or power lines right into the home.
- Avoid seeking shelter beneath lone trees
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul is on-call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. Call us today at 619-600-5305. We’ll restore your storm damage in Jamul, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.