Halloween Safety Tips for Bonita?
SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul wishes everyone in Bonita a safe and fun Halloween celebration this year. Here are some Halloween party and trick-or-treating safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- When using electrical lighting to decorate your home, make sure it is used following the manufacturer’s instructions. Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric that could come in contact with open flames or other heat sources
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul wants everyone in Bonita to be safe during Halloween. If you need emergency fire restoration services for your home or commercial business, call us today at 619-600-5305. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.