Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Spring Valley?
Can you recall the last time you changed the batteries in your smoke alarm system? SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Spring Valley. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), smoke alarms should be tested at least once a month. Here are some tips from the NFPA regarding smoke alarm safety:
Smoke Alarms Safety Tips
- A closed-door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area
- Install alarms on every level of the home
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected so when one sounds, they all sound
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
You never know if you may experience fire damage in your Spring Valley home or business, but if you do, SERVPRO® of Spring Valley/Jamul is Here to Help. ® Our technicians have the training, equipment, and experience to restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-600-5305.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.